Saturday, November 17, 2012

The Real "Bad" Language ...

Have you ever noticed that the people who seem to have the biggest issue with my use of "foul language" generally seem to be the same ones who would butcher our language for their own ends?  I noticed.  I am little sick and tired of the right wing of the language police acting all incensed over me typing the word "fuck" and then turning around and calling themselves "pro-life" or better yet, "freedom-loving Patriots".  Fuck you, you are neither.

At least when I use words I use them correctly.  I do not twist their meaning and distort reality by claiming words mean things they do not.  I have a great respect for language and the power of words, I just wish other people did as well.  Unfortunately most people today are too busy playing spell check and grammar Nazi to bother with trying to understand the messages being presented to them anyway.  We live in a world of "sound bites".  No one seems to want to be bothered with truth or accuracy in the message, that misspelled word is far too important to worry about all the other ones being used inaccurately.

I think it is time somebody sets the record straight on a few definitions, so I am going to start right here and now.  "Pro-life" - if you support going to war against another country, the death penalty in this country, or if you oppose the use of tax payer dollars to aid our own citizens in their time of need - you are no longer allowed to call yourself "Pro-life".  You are NOT "Pro-life" you are ONLY "Pro-control-over-other-people", possibly you can claim to be "pro-birth", but since you generally seem to oppose providing adequate medical care to pregnant women who can't afford it, you can't even claim that - so just sit down, shut up, and fuck off.

Another word you all are no longer allowed to abuse would be "entitlements".  The most "Entitled" people in this country are you racist religious nut jobs and the wealthy who think that because they have lots of money they are somehow "entitled" to being treated as superior to everyone else.  SO, again, I have to say, Fuck you!  I am sick and tired of you calling the Social programs designed to protect the most disadvantaged of our citizens "Entitlement" programs.  They are NOT "Entitlement" programs, they are Compassion and Decency fucking programs and you are sick asswipes if you cannot understand their value and their necessity.

There are also a couple of related terms that I am calling complete and total bullshit on and I am demanding that you quit abusing language in such offensive and foul ways.  The "War on Christianity" and the whole "Class Warfare" thing, yeah, those have to fucking STOP now!  Fuck you!  You started both those fucking wars against the rest of us, but if we fight back to defend ourselves from your tyranny, somehow we are the bad guys?  I don't fucking think so, Fuck You!  The ONLY reason we still have people living in poverty is because of the greed of a few ultra-rich people who don't believe that other people have any value at all other than what they can be used for.  And telling you to quit shoving your dark ages fucking mythical friend down my throat does NOT constitute me declaring War on you, YOU declared War on the rest of us, we are only defending ourselves and our children from your ignorance and your mental and moral defects.

And speaking of our children, QUIT using the term "Family Values" - you do NOT even have the slightest clue what either of those words fucking mean.  Family Values are LOVE, Peace, Acceptance, Tolerance, Forgiveness - they are NOT fucking Hate, and divisiveness, and bullying bigotry, Fuck You.  If those are your ideas of family values I feel so very sorry for your poor children.  I know what it is to grow up in that kind of family and I would not wish it on my worst enemy.  

I think it is way beyond time that people demand that these and the myriad of other abuses of our languages (they do this in every language - not just my American English one) be stopped.  I am sorry you cannot find positive words that accurately describe your message, maybe you should take a look at that message a little more closely and figure out why you have to be so fucking negative all the damn time.  Maybe, just maybe, if you all spent a little more time cleaning out your own damn closets you wouldn't have so much time to worry about what everybody else keeps (or doesn't keep) in theirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment